Tuesday, February 03, 2009

back again

It's been a while now.... I've been back at Gordon for about 3 weeks and there is SO MUCH SNOW!! My body went through major shock coming back here :-( I miss California too much! Another storm came today and it was such a pain because I forgot to wear a hat or hood.

Why am I here??

But I know the answer to that question. I am glad I came to Gordon... I just can't really see myself living in a place that gets this cold in the winter for the rest of my life. Maybe if I have a winter home in a warm place LIKE CA....the New England fall and summer is pretty nice...

So I've started singing in my Church's worship team! Yes, another little thing to add into my schedule but it's very different from Catacombs because we use mics and it is something I've really been missing. I sang in choir lots in Congo and my church in SC and sometimes led worship with youth or sang solos up front in church growing up.... so it's been a while but i am back at the microphone :-)

I've also started working for Deirdre's (the lady I work for 1-2 times a week) father-in-law who is 89! He has put together a book of his favorite quotes or little stories from his life and it was printed up but in the wrong order and some things have to be changed/fixed, so that's my job! I go over to his house with my computer and edit everything for him. He thinks I'm a genius and a "very smart girl"... which to him is very unique these days. I disagree and say I'm not that smart but he reminds me that I've lived overseas with my parents and not many people in my generation have even left their state of birth! I'm not gonna lie... I'm trying very hard to be liked because he's a really generous guy, and he's old and ... maybe he'll sneak me into his will! NO!! -- JUST KIDDING! :-) That's horrible. But whenever I tell people what I'm doing now they're like "oh! that's awesome! Maybe he'll put you in his will!" ... one can only dream.
The first day I went over there he wasn't really sure what to do with me or how I could help so he said "I'm just gonna pay you $30 for your trouble of getting over here and I'll drive you back right now." It was weird but I couldn't complain! :-0 That's a little example of how nice this guy really is. And he's still so sharp/with it! He drives this little Subaru around everywhere... with his walking stick in hand... and remember, he is 89!

There isn't much else to say right now but I am back and I am going to try to keep this updated a little better now.

Classes are pretty good -- I don't have many! So it's a nice change.
later.

1 comments:

Amandasaurus said...

d'aww! Your little old man sounds adorable! It's nice having someone think your ability to use a computer equals unrivaled genius, hehe.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com