Monday, January 05, 2009

My Auld Lang Syne

Lots of time has passed and so has lots of stuff! I mean lots has happened. It's been a very weird month...month and a half...okay let's just say a very weird year!

And now it's all over. 2008 is done and gone.

How strange how certain things turned out. Very different from how I expected them to turn out. Isn't that weird when that happens? You count on something so hard to go one way, and it decides to go the complete OTHER way. Darn. I'm trying to tell myself "this did NOT ruin my year!" but it sorta is true... Not so sure how much I like 2008. Welcome, 2009! Welcome!!

I need a fresh start. I know what I need but do I want it?
More unknown. Here it comes.

I was going through all my facebook "Friends" tonight and it got me thinking. Do I know these people anymore? Why should I still be "friends" with them? Are we ever going to see each other again? And yes, I actually deleted some. I can say that openly. When you haven't talked in a couple years and haven't seen people in more than that, I think it's safe to move on, don't you? So yes... I sorta weeded out some people from my facebook FRIENDS list. Looked at people's profile,... my how things have changed, I thought,... and then looked at the clock. WOW I am wasting my life away! What is wrong with me? What would I be doing right now if FB didn't exist?? That's a scary thought. but one that deserves an answer.

Happy New Year 4 days late. And here's to a truly NEW Year!

1 comments:

Amandasaurus said...

yeah, that IS the problem with Facebook. It totally eats your life. And I hate having all this stuff in my mini-feed about people that were never my friends to begin with, just because they went to my high school and had to add everyone ever from CHS.... hahaha.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com